So, maybe this is one of the happiest days of the journey... today I welcome Alexander James, my new nephew, into the world! Hooray! That´s even more special than the amazing bufano of the ocean, the paella we had for dinner two nights ago, and way, way, way better than the sardines I had for lunch yesterday! (ughh, I won´t be repeating that experience)
Tonight is a day hard to be far away and not be able to just call, even from a cell phone, and find out what´s going on. But I´m happy to be in a place where I can spend the entire day thinking about this special even that happened today and just feeling so much joy that Alexander James is here now! Congratulations, Andy and Jeannie!
The camino is getting a little better to walk. Our bodies are more used to the idea of just getting up and walking all day, we´ve got a bit of routine that includes a ice cream break around 4:00 (umm, galleta maria por favor- it´s the most delicious), and taking a siesta every day around 2:30 because that´s when it´s hottest and everyone else does it here, so why shouldn´t we?
Our feet are holding up, the beaches are beautiful, and last night we even got to experience Spanish camping-- right on a hill overlooking the beach. Not bad for a day´s walk. Dan still likes walking with me, too, which is good. Today we´re in Llanes on the coast, tomorrow... ¿? We hope to be in Oviedo by Sunday and then we´ll leave the coast behind to make our way south to Santiago. Oh, another treat of today.... blackberries growing right on the camino. Some days the walk is sweet! love you,
Ker and Dan
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment